How was our universe made from a tiny speck of energy? Where did the first trees, plants, animals and humans come from? What happened to the dinosaurs? What was so miserable about medieval times? How were railroads and electricity invented? What are the perils of global warming? From the Neanderthals to the Wright Brothers, from the Silk Trade to the Industrial Revolution, from dinosaurs to plastic, embark on an entertaining journey across millennia and continents.
With photos, illustrations, timelines and maps in every chapter, there is no better way to understand the earth’s entire history than with this captivating book by Christopher Lloyd, author of the bestselling What on Earth Happened? By Christopher Lloyd and Andy Forshaw. Hardcover/ 352 pages.
- Nothing to Something: The beginning of the universe, life and everything
- Land Ahoy!: Creatures wriggle out of the seas and forests cover the land
- Dinosaurs: Terrible lizards and what comes after
- Hands Free: Some apes walk on two feet
- You and Me: How a single species of humans, Homo sapiens, became the last on Earth
- Civilisation Begins: Writing kicks off a new era
- Meanwhile, in Asia: More powerful civilisations thrive
- Rise and Fall: Classical empires come and go
- Meanwhile, in the Americas: More empires rise and fall
- Invention Connection: Powerful ideas emerge in the Muslim world and East Asia
- Medieval Misery: Christian Europe struggles following the collapse of the Roman Empire
- Going Global: European explorers race to conquer a 'New World'
- Revolutions All Around: Science, freedom and robots
- World at War: When everyone started fighting everyone else
- To Be Continued...: The shaping of the world we know and what might come next
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.